domingo, 22 de junio de 2008

Space Invaders



Who are you ?
I'm Invader (that's my alias). I always appear masked in public, so no one knows my face. Some people call me a polluter, others say I'm an artist. I prefer to think of myself as an invader !

What's the Space Invaders project about?
The idea is to "invade" cities all over the world with characters inspired by first-generation arcade games, and especially the now classic Space Invaders. I make them out of tiles, meaning I can cement them to walls and keep the ultra-pixelated appearance.

I like to switch from one to the other, it's a way of doing different things. Right now I'm working on a project that uses Rubik's Cube, the Eighties cult puzzle, as the basis for pictures and sculptures. I call this my "RubikCubist" period.

http://www.space-invaders.com/

No hay comentarios: